Zhestkov Oleg, a Russian canoe sprint athlete who competed at the 2016 Rio Olympics , has returned a positive drug test to the banned substance EPO and will be banned from all competition for a period of four years.
Oleg, who was part of the Russian K4 1000 crew that finished fourth at the Rio Olympics, returned the positive after an out-of-competition test carried out by the Russian anti-doping agency (RUSADA) at the end of March this year.
Oleg won gold as a member of a Russian K4 1000 crew at an ICF canoe sprint world cup in Duisburg in 2013. He last competed at last year’s ICF canoe sprint world championships in Montemor, where the Russian men’s K4 crew finished fourth.
As a service to our readers, Around the Rings will provide verbatim texts of selected press releases issued by Olympic-related organizations, federations, businesses and sponsors.
These press releases appear to be around the rings and are not edited for spelling, grammar or punctuation.
25 Years at # 1: Your best source for news about the Olympics is www.aroundtherings.com , for subscribers only
Últimas Noticias
Boxing’s place in the Olympics remains in peril as IOC still unhappy with the state of AIBA’s reform efforts
The IOC says issues concerning governance, finance, and refereeing and judging must be sorted out to its satisfaction. AIBA says it’s confident that will happen and the federation will be reinstated.

McLaren report to FIBA confirms abuses in the Mali women’s basketball program
The investigation could not “independently verify” allegations against FIBA president Hamane Niang, who has resumed his duties after stepping aside during the probe.

ATR Extra: 1st ISF U15 World School Sport Games – Belgrade 2021
Olympic Channel is live streaming the basketball, basketball 3x3, football, judo and wrestling competitions during the event, which runs September 11-19.

International Judo Federation bans Algerian athlete and coach for 10 years for refusing to fight an Israeli at Tokyo 2020
Judoka Fethi Nourine and his coach Amar Benikhlef admitted they were withdrawing from competition to avoid a potential match with Tohar Butbul of Israel.

IIHF bans Belarus hockey president for five years for code of conduct violations - Federation Focus
Also: no contested election for next ITTF president; BWF calendar shrinks as event in India cancelled due to pandemic; FISU announces early bids for 2027 and 2029 World University Games
